Nowadays, the best remedies for inflammation are natural ones. More people are opting for natural herbs to provide relief and cure different conditions and diseases. It is no wonder as herbs do not come with side effects and have great health benefits that always have a positive effect on our lives.
Here are the top 5 natural herbs that are known for their wonderful anti-inflammatory properties:
- Frankincense: This is an aromatic resin derived from the boswellia tree is known to have a great effect on inflammation. Its key constituent, boswellic acids, have been shown to have inhibiting abilities against inflammatory mediators. You should take 1,200 to 1,500 mg twice or thrice a day.
- Ginger: Ginger has a large number of constituents that inhibition of inflammatory response. In Chinese traditional medicine and Ayurveda, this herb is one of the most commonly used remedies for inflammation. You should take about 500 mg 2 to 4 times every day.
- Alfalfa: This wonderful herb known as “the father of all foods” by the Arabs has chlorophyll, which is an effective remedy for inflammatory diseases. It is also rich in minerals. You can use it as an ingredient in soups and stews, and also drink it as a tea.
- Stinging nettles: These herbs are also called “spring tonic”. This is due to the fact that they have properties that help in toxin removal through the kidneys. You can make tea with its stems and leaves and also apply the tea to the inflamed area. Experts recommend an oral dosage of 600 mg twice or thrice a day.
- Bilberry: This wonderful herb has a medicinal pigment called anthocyanins. It is commonly used as a remedy for inflammation in North America and Europe. You should take about 160 mg 2 to 3 times on a daily basis.